Tuesday 7 July 2015

Last weekend roundups - Beauty shopping + My experience using the MAC Pro longwear nourishing foundation

Hello guys,

So last week Saturday, I went to Ikeja City mall, here in Lagos, Nigeria to purchase a few make up items. I got a set of 15 make-up brushes and the MAC Pro longwear nourishing foundation.




I especially love the make up brushes and I feel ladies get one so as to get your make-up on properly. Meanwhile, I have stayed away powder talk more foundation due of the nature of the weather here in Africa and also because I've been battling acne all my life. As a woman in my mid twenties, I thought, now should be the best time to try some makeup on.

I had done my research on MAC products. I noticed they were good for dark skin and made your face look really good and well done. I also read that you are more likely to find products in your skin color in their range of shades. What didn't occur to me was the fact that they could clog my pores as I have acne-prone skin. I walked into the store and asked the lady attendant a ton of questions. I intended to buy the MAC studio fix fluid foundation but didn't because

1. The pro long wear nourishing foundation could function as both a concealer and foundation at the same time. It has better coverage than the studio fix foundation. Super!!! I have dark spots on my face although fading out.

2. The Studio fix foundation was 1,000 Naira costlier although 5ml larger than the pro longwear foundation. I know a thousand Naira will not kill me but I always work with a budget. My budget was 6,000 and I even over shot it. Moreover, I'm still a struggling writer. Lol!

She made me know the MAC pro longwear nourishing foundation was good for oily skin and it doesn't clog pores i.e is non-comedogenic because it was a matte foundation. In her words, 'Matte products don't clog pores'. Okay o!! She did a full make up on me with the foundation and the studio fix powder.

I absolutely loved how my face lit up but before several hours later I noticed I was beginning to break out seriously. As in like some boil-like pimples.

I really thought it was the soap I was using but I did a few research again on MAC products.  There are comments that generally MAC products cause severe break-outs to acne-prone women. Since it was a full makeup done onme, I also suspect the reason for my break out may also be the fact that she used her make-up brushes on me which she most likely has used on a ton of other women or probably the powder she used. It is said that the Studio fix powder is a full coverage powder and so clogs pores and causes people to break out. I intend to wear the Maybelline Clear smooth all-in-one powder with the MAC Pro longwear nourishing foundation as it is boldly written that it is non-comedogenic. I haven't used any of these items ever since my break out as I am treating my acne. The next time I will be wearing any of these will be when my skin has recovered from all the clogging! I'd be watching my skin meanwhile.

So, what has been your experience using with MAC skin products. I'd love to know.

x
Ife

No comments :

Post a Comment